Are you looking for a vacuum to clean stairs in your home? If you are, then you’re in the right place.
Here, you will find the reviews and details on five selections for the best vacuum for stairs. I’ve also included important details to show you exactly what each will do.
This review will help you to select the right choice that makes cleaning faster and easier as well as to get a quick image of quality balancing with cost of each product.
Top 5 Stair Vacuum Comparison Chart 2018
Recommended 5 Best Vacuum for Stairs Reviews
Guys! Are you stuck between your desire and your wallet? You don’t need to confuse to find your desirable Vacuum Cleaner from the market when I’m here to ease your problem.
I’ve already made a list of the top rated vacuum cleaner for stairs after spending countless hours by analyzing the quality and price benefit of available vacuum cleaners in the market. So, don’t worry. Just take a look here…
1. Eureka Easy Clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 71B
Do you ever wish that you had a small vacuum that you could use for small cleaning jobs and stairs? The Eureka easy clean handheld vacuum cleaner is in my opinion one of the best corded handheld vacuum cleaners.
It comes packed with useful features offering solutions for small cleaning tasks.
My pet peeve is trying to clean stairs with a weak handheld, but this unit solves that problem. It may be small but it delivers powerful suction. The motor is 5.5 amps that deep cleans pulling dirt and debris from carpeted stairs and other surfaces.
Dual Power and Brushed Design
This vacuum is powered with two motors for maximum suction. This unique design has one dedicated to turning the revolving brush and a second designated for suction. Dual power is what makes this unit so effective for cleaning stairs and other smaller carpeted areas.
Easy to Handle
The compact size makes it easy to carry and take from one place to another. It gets into tight spaces and odd shaped surfaces with ease making it the best vacuum for carpeted stairs.
It also reaches into cracks, crevices and tighter spaces that are not reachable with full-sized vacuums. It is one of the best vacuums for carpeted stairs.
This handheld vacuum cleaner may also be used for cleaning upholstery in home, auto and RVs. It is fit for multiple area cleaning and offers extended
- Compact size for easy transport
- Cleans uphostery and carpeted stairs
- Easy store 20-foot cord with wrap around feature
- Deluxe hose stretches up to three times original length
- Powerful 5.5 amp motor
- Visor flipping cleans carpeted rises efficienty
- Tremendous power for a compact machine
- Comes with tools/attachments
- Tight seal with effective filters
- Low dust blowback
- Strong suction power in the hose
- Well balanced and easy to use with minimum arm fatigue
- Attachments are easy to put in place and remove
- Noisy during operations so earplugs are recommended during use
- Large head makes it hard to reach all nooks and crannies
2. Dyson V6 CordFree Vacuum
Do you get tired of moving the cord when vacuuming? The solution for this problem is the Dyson V6 CordFree Vacuum Cleaner. Say goodbye to the hassles associated with corded vacuum cleaners.
This model comes with features that land it firmly in second place in my list of the top 5.
This cord free vacuum cleaner is a favorite that offers convenience and ease of use. There is no need to stop to move the cord or find a power outlet.
Powerful Battery Energized Suction
The battery gives you up to twenty minutes of constant powerful suction.
Effective Cleaner Head
The cleaner head is motorized and features stiff bristles for maximum cleaning power.
Easy wand detachment for handheld cleaning mode for added cleaning versatility.
- Dyson stair tool attachment easily cleans stairs
- Cleans floor to ceiling with ease with long wand attachment
- Dyson V6 charge time up to twenty minutes for uninterrupted cleaning
- Easy lightweight cleaning with grip design center of gravity
- Stiff motorized cleaning head for removing ground in dirt
- Excellent suction even when compared with full sized vacuums
- Charging time and features are on the mark with manufacturer’s information
- Convenient charging and storage systems for hassle free use and storage
- Stiff brush that works efficiently
- Dock station makes charging easy
- Lightweight design makes it easy to use
- Easy to clean and change the roller
- High quality materials that don’t have a cheap feel
- Short return policy of 30 days
- Not recommended for heavy pile shag rugs because the vacuum tends to bind
3. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
Are you tired of vacuuming only to find that there is still pet hair on your carpet and furniture? The Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322) offers a powerful solution. In my opinion it is the best lightweight vacuum for removing pet hair thoroughly from carpets and upholstery.
Enjoy ease of use with the best lightweight vacuum for stairs, carpeted and hardwood floors. This helps to reduce arm and wrist fatigue for bigger cleaning tasks. Crafted with new materials which are lightweight but very durable.
Clean All Floor Types
Two power speed settings make it easy to clean all surfaces from high pile carpeting to bare floors. In addition, it cleans furniture upholstery, stairs and may be used in autos and RVs
Dust Away attachment
This attachment is perfect for dusting hard floors and picking up larger pieces of debris. The attachment is easy to put on and to take off for hassle free use.
Convertible to Handheld
This vacuum is easy to convert from full sized to handheld for accessing more hard to reach places. This makes the vacuum highly versatile in performing a variety of cleaning tasks.
- Bright LED lights for cleaning in poorly lit areas
- Hard Floor attachment for versatile cleaning capacity
- Powerful suction with dual speed settings
- Easy conversion from upright to handheld and back again
- Effective for both deep cleaning and light dusting
- Effective in removing pet hair from floors and upholstery
- Can be converted to portable for use in various settings
- Works very well for cleaning stairs
- Powerful suction
- Good for use on hard floors and all types of carpeting
- Quality materials and design
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Motorized brush is a definite bonus for adding power to cleaning
- Dust bin needs to be emptied frequently
- Spring loaded release is not always dependable
4. Shark Navigator Lift-Away (NV352)
Are you a pet lover who could use help in removing hair from stairs and floors? I chose the Shark Navigator Lift-Away as a top five pick for stairs and pet hair. This versatile machine is also a good choice when your preference is for a portable vacuum for stairs.
It offers several useful features for cleaning multiple types of surfaces. I recommend this vacuum for anyone who is looking for the best vacuum for bare floors and carpet. In addition it doubles as a portable vacuum for stairs.
I use this vacuum for cleaning all surfaces in the home. It offers versatility for cleaning upholstery, carpeting, stairs (carpeted or bare) and upholstery. It serves as a multiple function vacuum that makes home cleaning faster and easier.
This vacuum comes with a dusting brush and a five and a half inch crevice tool It also features two bonus items which include a twenty four inch crevice tool and a wide pet upholstery tool. This makes is an excellent choice for removing pet hair from hard to reach places.
Easy Conversion to Portable
Why pack a heavy full sized vacuum up and down the stairs when you can use a handheld? This upright vacuum is convertible to handheld without much effort. Removing the canister is done at the push of a button so you can take it where it’s needed.
The built-in HEPA filtration system traps allergens and dust for a decrease in allergy triggers. The system is totally sealed to prevent small dust particles from escaping to the environment. This means that the air you breath in your home will be cleaner and healthier.
- Lightweight design and materials for comfort and ease of use
- Swivel steering for greater control and maneuverability
- Brush roll shut off button for fast and easy transition from bare floor to carpet cleaning
- Detachable canister for fast and easy conversion to portable
- Sealed HEPA filtration system
- Swiveling action makes this vacuum very easy to maneuver
- Low noise for a more comfortable cleaning session
- Lightweight design makes it easy to pull, lift and push
- Excellent power and suction that makes cleaning faster and more thorough
- Includes several bonus attachments making it a great value and highly versatile
- Easy to convert to portable and then back again without a hassle
- Can attach the rolling nozzles to the hose and wand end of the canister
- Power cord attaches securely making it fast and easy to put away after use
- The canister falls over very easily when the hose is in use. It may be too light
- The hose is not very stretchy which makes it a little awkward to handle.
5. Eureka RapidClean Step Handheld Corded Vacuum, 41A
Would you benefit from the convenience of a handheld with the power duration of a corded vacuum?
The Eureka RapidClean Step Handheld Corded Vacuum 41A is my recommendation for use when you have a big or long job to finish but could also use a lightweight and compact cleaner.
I believe that this is among the best handheld corded vacuum cleaners on the market. It also works very well for non-carpeted stairs for added versatility.
Safe for Bare Floors
Have you ever used a vacuum on your bare floor only to find scratches later? I’ve had this experience and it can be disheartening.
You won’t have this problem with the RapidClean thanks to the bare floor brush that is safe for use on bare floors along with many other hard surfaces. It also features soft roll wheels specially designed to prevent nicking and scratching of hardwood floors.
Carpet and Stair Cleaning
In addition to cleaning hard surfaces, this vacuum also thoroughly cleans carpeting and stairs. The three-foot hose helps you to reach multiple stairs before needing to reposition the machine.
Generous Sized Cord
A twenty-five-foot cord paired with the three-foot hose gives you a total of twenty-eight feet in reaching capacity. This means that you’ll have less interruption time in between repositioning. You’ll be able to clean a variety of surfaces in less time.
This vacuum features a six amp motor for powerful suction and superior cleaning ability. This makes it an excellent choice for accessing and removing ground-in dirt and other particles from carpeting.
- Long power cord and vacuum hose for extended reaching capacity
- Powerful motor for increased suction and more thorough cleaning
- Dusting attachment makes cleaning electronic devices safe and easy
- Stiff bristles uproot ground in dirt
- Filtration system removes more dust and allergens for cleaner air in the home
- The powerful engine does not lack any power and it sucks dust easily from furniture and appliances
- Easy on hardwood floors with no scratches
- Works very well for cleaning upholstery
- Attachments make it easy to clean in hard to reach places
- Very convenient for use in RVs and automobiles. It cleans all surfaces
- Lightweight for cleaning stairs
- Less arm fatigue for easier use
- Filtering system prevents dust from becoming airborn
- Not recommended for large area rugs as it tends to labor when used for extended periods
- Does not remove ingrained dirt easily from auto interior without assistance
What is the Best Vacuum for Stairs?
The best means the one that meets all your needs and preferences. Think about what you want the cleaner to do and then look for one that has the features you need.
I have arthritis in my wrists and so I have chosen a lightweight model because it is easier for me to use. I also keep a compact cordless vacuum in the closet for quick clean ups prior to company coming.
A few other things to consider are quality and durability. Sometimes the better machines cost a little more, but in the long run they save you money.
They last longer and are more dependable. I look for a good warranty before I buy and highly recommend that you do the same.
How to Find an Ideal Vacuum for Stairs?
Reading product reviews is a convenient way to find the best stair vacuum. It lets you browse through the selections at your leisure. You learn about the features and the pros and the cons of the cleaner.
This is a good way to find in depth information from the comfort of your own home. You will find out what people who have actually used the cleaner like or dislike about it before you buy. It can also help you to avoid buying a cleaner that works well on carpets but not on stairs and vice versa.
Which Style of Vacuum Cleaner is Right for You?
There are four major styles of vacuum cleaners. Here is what you can do to make sure that you choose the one that is right for you. First, consider how much use the cleaner will get.
If you have a larger area to cover, a larger and more heavy duty cleaner may save you some time. A lightweight stair vacuum is a good choice if you will need to carry the unit up the stairs to reach all of the areas.
If the flight is not long, you may prefer a cleaner that has an extra long cord or a cordless machine. This is also a consideration if you have any health conditions that limit movement.
Keep in mind that the cleaner should allow the suction head/attachment direct contact with all areas of the carpet. This ensures no missed spots when you’re done. In addition, it should be comfortable to carry, hold and use. Look for a unit that is easy to maneuver.
Upright or Canister: I like the upright because it is easier for me to push versus a canister with the cleaning head. I have a lot of carpeting and carpeted stairs in addition.
To clean the stairs, I use a wand and attachment that makes it go much quicker. When cleaning the living room carpet, I simply detach the wand and use it as an upright.
My sister on the other hand only owns a canister because she likes the style and enjoys the lightweight wand that has extensions that reach to the ceiling for cleaning cobwebs. It also does a great job of cleaning carpets and stairs.
Handheld: Handheld vacuums are more portable and easy to take with you anywhere. They work great for cleaning stairs which are carpeted or bare. You can also use them to spot clean larger carpets or go over area rugs with ease.
Cordless or Very Long Cord: If you don’t enjoy looking for outlets or stopping to move the cord, a cordless may be the best choice.
You can accomplish nearly the same thing if the cord is very long. The benefits of having a long cord over a cordless is that you won’t run out of power.
Bagless: Bagless vacuums offer what I consider to be a more sanitary alternative. You just empty the dirt cup with no messy and expensive bag to replace.
This is my preference but what is yours? Some people like the extra filtration that they get with bagged models so its just a matter of preference.
What Should Consider Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner?
I will be the first to admit that I’m particular about the vacuum cleaners that I buy. They must be effective in cleaning all of the areas of my home, including carpeting, stairs and upholstery.
There are specific features that make cleaning faster and easier. In addition, I don’t waste time and money on poorly built machines that need repair after a few months’ use.
Brands that offer great warranties know that their products will hold up over time. Here are some other things to consider.
Weight: It’s important to make sure that the unit you choose is light enough for you to handle it comfortably. Newer designs on some models are made of lightweight materials and an improved design. This is for the sake of comfort and maneuverability.
Sound: This is an important aspect to check out before you buy. Some units are so loud that they cause damage to the eardrums if plugs are not used during operation. Look for a vacuum cleaner that has low noise. It will be less annoying for you and for family members.
Power: Not all vacuum cleaners have the power to thoroughly clean. Before you buy, make sure that the motor has a high enough horsepower to create great suction. Low power cleaners will lack the suction needed for dirt and debris removal.
An Include Stair Tool: If you’re like me and you have stairs, you will need a vacuum that comes with an included stair tool. This attachment makes it much faster and easier to clean stairs. Not all machines come with this tool so it’s important to choose one that does.
Price: Your budget may be the driver for the brand and model that you end up buying. This doesn’t mean that you need to sacrifice the type or features that you want the most.
The most expensive vacuum cleaners, in my experience, have not necessarily been the best. Look for a reasonably priced version that will meet your needs and last for a while.
Maneuverability: Heavier vacuums are difficult to maneuver around furniture so I go with lighter versions. In addition to being lightweight, the machine should also be designed to move easily. The design has a lot to do with how well it handles.
Cord length: Do you ever get tired of stopping to find an electrical outlet so you can finish vacuuming the carpet? The solution is to make sure that the length of the cord works for the size of your home. Short cords are best for apartment use. Larger homes generally require longer cord lengths.
Filtration: All newer vacuum cleaners come with a HEPA filtration system. Some offer a double system which in my opinion works very well. The benefit with a good filtration system is that it cuts down on dust particles put back in the air. It also means less dusting after vacuuming.
Appearance: We all have our preferences for how our household appliances look. If a vacuum doesn’t look good, you may want to hide it in a closet when guests come. I like having an attractive machine in my favorite color with sleek lines and less bulk.
Power Switch Position: The design of the machine determines where the on and off switch for the power will be. This may not be important for some people, but it is for me.
It should be in a convenient location that is hassle free. Some are located near the base of the unit while others are closer to the top for uprights. These are some things that you might want to think about before you make your final selection.
These five selections are my recommendations for the readers to serve their purposes. I’ve chosen a variety of the top brands and models with just enough differences.
This is to provide you with options for finding the one that is right for you. My intention was to focus on the best vacuum to clean stairs. In addition to providing the best stair vacuum choices, I also wanted to present machines that offer a variety of features and styles.
Although different in some aspects, each unit shares one thing in common. They come as the most highly recommended vacuum cleaners for stairs by people who have purchased, used them and given their opinions.
Use this guide and review to choose the one that most closely meets your needs and appeals to you. I recommend these as the best vacuum for stairs and carpet cleaning on the market.