Do you spend hours vacuuming, mopping and shining your floors? Would you like to own a system that takes most of the work out of cleaning?
If your home is like mine, you have tile floors and in addition a few rooms with carpeting and hardwood. Finding the ideal vacuum can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for.
I have learned through trial and error what features are the most important.This is what inspired me to write this guide and reviews for the best vacuum for tile floors.
Here you will find the resource to quickly and easily find the best tile floor vacuum cleaner that will meet all of your needs and expectations.
I chose a variety with different features but each has one thing in common. They will reduce your workload and make cleaning faster and easier with just one machine.
Top 5 Tile Floor Vacuum Comparison Chart 2018
Top 5 Best Vacuum for Tile Floors Reviews
There is no substitute for a vacuum cleaner that will lighten your cleaning load and work quickly and efficiently. The more tasks it will perform, the better. I’m writing this review to offer tips for avoiding the frustration of choosing the wrong vacuum and finding the right one.
I’ve included only the best vacuums for cleaning tile floors with additional features that you may find useful. Each has passed my approval and are highly rated by people who purchased, used and gave their honest opinions about them.
1. Bissell Crosswave All-in-One – a Multi-Surface Cleaner
Do you spend too much time cleaning all of the floors in your home?
If there was a solution that offered faster cleaning time with less effort would you take it?
The Bissell CrossWave is the best vacuum for tile and wood floors. It’s a top pick for homes with tile and wood floors.
I use small rugs in a few rooms and this cleaner is the best to clean my tile floors and area rugs as well.
This multi-surface cleaner cuts cleaning time and effort so you can spend more time doing the things you enjoy.
Multiple Surface Cleaning
Forget the bucket and mop and graduate to the Bissell Crosswave for simultaneous vacuuming and floor washing. Does having your work time cut in half appeal to you? It is safe for hardwood and tile floors and will even wash your area rugs leaving them rejuvenated.
Seamless Brush Roll Control
The CrossWave is designed with a dual action brush roll. It rotates at a maximum speed of 3,500 RMP for great power and suction. It only takes the touch of a button to change modes from vacuuming to washing area rugs or cleaning hard floors. You are in control for maximum cleaning power.
Trigger Control Washer
The smart control on the CrossWave allows you to control the amount of cleaning solution that is dispersed into carpets. This is to prevent overwetting and allow for faster drying times.
Easy Clean Up
When you’re finished vacuuming and washing your floors, its fast and easy to clean and maintenance the machine. The brush window and brush roll are both designed for easy removal and replacement.
Simply rinse them under clean water and store until time for the next use. This feature also makes it simple to replace the brush roller if needed.
- Two tanks for keeping dirty water separate from the cleaning solution for a cleaner home
- Smart touch controls for fast switch form vacuum to washer and back again
- Dual action brush roll with microfiber and nylon for simultaneous vacuuming and mopping
- Multiple surface cleaning for greater versatility
- Superior cleaning to bucket and mop cleaning because of continuous fresh cleaning solution supply
- Great power and suction that pulls lint and dust from a few inches away from the vacuum
- Easy to assemble and to disassemble for cleaning
- The button for switching modes is in the ideal location and easy to use
- Maneuvers in and out of tight places easily thanks to the swiveling head
- The bending handle features makes it easy to use this vacuum practically anywhere
- Cleans floors thoroughly with mopping function
- Takes up very little space for storage
- Hassle free and less expensive because there are no expensive filters to buy
- No water level indicators so it’s hard to tell when it’s about empty
- The cord is short and making it longer would improve the unit
2. Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner ZZ550
Do you have hardwood or tile floors and carpets? If so, wouldn’t it be nice to cut your cleaning time in half or better?
The Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner ZZ550 is the best vacuum for tile floors and carpet.
I also highly recommend it for anyone who has respiratory and allergy issues.
This cleaner is a high performer that works well for cleaning and polishing all types of floors.
The deep cleaning features make it the best vacuum for hard floors and carpets when you also need to improve air quality.
The Shark Sonic Duo easily glides over surfaces thanks to the Airglide technology. This system features a swivel steering design for the greatest ease in use and reaching all areas.
Multiple Surface Cleaning
This vacuum offers a system for total floor care whether you have hard floors, carpeting or a combination. Gently cleans hardwood floors, vinyl and tile in addition to carpets and rugs.
It saves a lot of time and effort because there is no longer a need to clean hard floors with a sponge mop or brush. The water is guaranteed to be fresh and clean so fewer germs are reintroduced on surfaces.
Removal of Allergens
Carpeted areas tend to hold in dirt, fungi and mold that contribute to respiratory issues. The Shark dislodges ground in particles to deep clean and remove all debris.
The powerful suction easily extracts both larger particles and fine dust for a cleaner household environment. This cleaner does not leave streaks of residual cleaning solution or dirty water that is common with mopping. The floors look and smell clean and fresh.
Lifts Stubborn Stains
Dual action carpet cleaning includes removal of debris through vacuuming. This same machine is used to apply stainfighting cleaner that removes stains by vacuuming up when dried. It even comes with cleaning solutions to revitalize and rejuvenate your carpet.
- Fast removal of dirt on all surfaces with dual scrubbing action
- Wood and hard floor cleaning formula with sonic action for sparkling clean floors
- Carpet cleaner with combination vacuuming and spot cleaning feature to reduce effort needed
- Polishes hard floors and leaves a radiant shine
- Includes all cleaning and polishing solutions and accessories
- The cleaner is very lightweight so it is easy to move from one place to another
- It maneuvers very well thanks to the swivelling head, for getting into tight areas and around furniture
- This system is very low noise so it can be used without disturbing others who are in the house
- The cord is twenty two feet in length which is great for covering bigger areas
- The solution has a very pleasant fragrance
- Powerful suction and it picks up dirt and debris very well
- The polisher and polish work very well for leaving floors clean and shiny
- The carpet cleaner is effective for getting out tough stains
- The spray is hard to find and is only available on the Shark website
- The spot treatment does not dry in two hours as claimed, but overall the cleaner works well
3. Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Have you finally had enough of the hassle of repositioning the power cord so you won’t run over it with the vacuum?
The Dyson V6 Absolute cordless vacuum offers an excellent solution to this problem.
While there is a need to charge the vacuum it is hands down the best Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner because of the power and duration for operation.
It runs up to twenty minutes before needing a recharge. Avoid the hassles of corded cleaners by going with the best Dyson vacuum for tile floors.
One of the best features of this vacuum is the absense of a cord. There is no need to bother with unwinding or trying to put the cord back in place every time to use it.
You don’t need to be close to an electrical outlet until it needs to be recharged. It’s a fast and easy cleaning option for spur of the moment use.
This battery powered vacuum cleaner is not a typical cordless. It has been uniquely designed to offer seventy five more power in the brush bar to deliver power where it’s needed for faster and deeper cleaning.
The Direct drive cleaner head is an innovation that makes this unit so effective for dirt removal. The suction is fade free for consistent cleaning for up to twenty minutes without surges.
You can easily switch from the direct drive cleaner head to the soft roller cleaner head. The soft roller head is designed specifically for hardwood and tile floors. It quickly removes large debris and dust while protecting delicate flooring surfaces from damage.
Handheld Mode Available
This unit converts easily to handheld mode. It features a detachable wand that can be more easily carried from one place to another. Convenience, versatility and ease of use are the hallmarks of the Dyson V6.
- Mini Motorized tool quickly and easily removes pet hair from upholstery
- Balanced weight distribution in handheld mode for floor to ceiling cleaning
- HEPA filtration through entire machine certified as asthma and allergy friendly
- Easy conversion from canister to handheld
- Soft roller head for safely cleaning hard floor surfaces and powerful carpet cleaning head for versatility
- Excellent carpet cleaning power and suction
- Easy to empty and clean
- Noise level is tolerable
- Effective at picking up debris even on lowest setting
- Good selection of attachments included
- No expensive filters or bags to replace
- Lightweight and easy to carry upstairs
- Good for cleaning multiple surfaces
- Battery does not last very long with carpet cleaning head
- Battery is not removable
4. Shark Rocket PowerHead (AH452)
I prefer a vacuum cleaner that offers multiple features with a lot of power.
It cuts cleaning time significantly and takes less effort to operate. The Shark Rocket PowerHead is the best vacuum cleaner for tile floors and carpet when one machine is desired to clean both.
It comes packed with some very useful features and the majority of them are in the head of the vacuum.
This cleaner glides effortlessly making it the best shark vacuum for hard floors.
If you value comfort while vacuuming, this top pick may be the right vacuum for you. Don’t let its light weight fool you, this cleaner is made from innovative high quality and durable materials for long life and a lighter and less stress on arms, wrists and back. A good solution for anyone with mobility issues or arthritis.
The Rocket Powerhead has as much power as the larger uprights that have twice the weight. It deep cleans carpets easily removing ground in dirt and debris and carrying it safely to the sealed dust cup.
After you’ve finished vacuuming, clean up is a breeze. The dust cup has a quick release feature located on the foot pedal. One step and it pops up for easy removal and emptying. There is no longer a need to spend money on expensive vacuum cleaner bags or put up with the hassle of changing them.
Customizable for Comfort
The Rocket features a telescoping wand so you can adjust it to the perfect length. This means there is no longer a need to lean forward or bend.
Another benefit of the adjustable length wand is that it can easily be used for cleaning cobwebs from walls and ceilings. You won’t need to stand on a chair to reach high places.
- Lightweight wand for ergonomic efficiency and reduced arm, back and wrist fatigue
- Gentle Touch brush-roll for safely cleaning hardwood floors and protection from scratching
- Interchangeable brush heads for quick swap from hard floors to carpeting
- Reduced airflow path for maximum suction and efficient cleaning power
- Weight distribution is on the ground for easier maneuvering and handling
- Cleans tiled and hardwood floors efficiently
- Does not leave residue or the thin layer of dust that many other vacuums do
- Dust cup is easy to remove, empty and replace
- The powerhead is very lightweight and comfortable to use
- This cleaner has great maneuverability for getting in and out of tight places
- Saves time by making cleaning go faster
- Powerful suction is a plus for picking up large and small debris
- Cord is a good length for cleaning entire living room area
- The dust cup is small and needs to be emptied frequently
- Cleaning around edges could be improved as it doesn’t pick up pet hair in these areas
5. BISSELL 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop, Blue
Do you like the idea of using steam to kill germs on your hard floor surfaces?
If so, The Bissell 1940 powerfresh steam mop is likely your best bet for the best steam mop for tile floors.
It is a high performer that comes with high recommendations from people who used and rated it.
It offers advanced cleaning that gets rid of germs and leaves a great fragrance behind.
These are just a few of the reasons why it is considered to be the best steam cleaner for tiled floors.
Here are some other details about the Powerfresh that I find impressive.
If you dislike getting on your hands and knees with a bucket and a brush as much as I do, here is the solution. The Powerfresh comes with a built in easy scrubber that is attached and easy to use. It gets into crevices and cracks for deep cleaning. It also removes tough stuck on grime with ease.
Adjustable Steam Settings
Some jobs are heavy duty and others are light to moderate. You don’t always need the maximum amount of steam but it’s there when you need it.
The Powerfresh offers you high, medium and low options. This gives you full control over the amount of steam that is used for cleaning. The delivery of steam is as easy as pressing a button.
Does using a bucket and mop make you feel like you need a shower? This is how I felt because of the obviously dirty mop water. I also grew tired of cleaning out the mop head.
There is no doubt that it is a nasty job. The Powerfresh eliminates the need for engaging in the mopping process with powerful germ killing steam cleaning.
Safe for Kids and Pets
The cleaning solution that is provided with the Powerfresh is non-toxic. It is safe for use around pets and children. This cleaner uses ingredients that are highly effective for cleaning tough messes without dangerous chemicals.
- Powerful steam cleaning kills up to 99.9 percent of germs
- Lightweight and easy to use with the push of a button
- Optional Febreeze spring fresh discs for scenting rooms and eliminating lingering odors
- Removable water tank for easy refilling
- Constant flow of steam for even cleaning coverage
- Cleans faster because of the wide mop head
- Long cord for maximum area coverage with limited interruptions while cleaning
- Cleans tile flooring very well including crevices and indentations
- Leaves the room smelling fresh and clean
- Easy to use
- Leaves a beautiful shine on hard floors
- No residual cleaning streaks like some others do
- Scrubbers make getting stuck on dirt easier
- Microfiber pads bunch up during use
- Pads wear out very quickly
What is the Best Vacuum for Tile Floors?
I learned the hard way that not every vacuum is appropriate for cleaning tile floors. Vacuum cleaners that are very good at cleaning carpets are only useful if there is a way to turn off the brush roller.
The stiff bristles that work well for dislodging debris in carpets is not effective for hard floors. This doesn’t mean that you can’t have a great vacuum that does both, but some are more ideal than others. I’ve only included vacuums that are intended for use on tile floors in this review.
How to Find an Ideal Vacuum for Tile Floors?
Would you enjoy having a review of the best recommended vacuums for tile floors at your fingertips? This is the fastest and easiest way to find the vacuum cleaner that is ideal for you.
I’ve included detailed information about the specifications, the features, pros and cons to give you the information you need to decide. This guide is intended to save you time and help you find the one that will best meet your cleaning needs.
The pros and cons section let you know what other people have to say about the vacuum based on their personal experiences. This goes beyond what the manufacturers share.
Which Style of Vacuum Cleaner Is Right For You?
My preference has changed through the years. While I favored uprights in the earlier years, I’ve moved on to a canister. My daughter insists that her steam cleaner is the greatest invention.
The style should be one that you’re most comfortable using. It should meet all of your floor cleaning needs and make tasks more convenient.
Upright or Canister: The upright is a popular style that is easy to use if it is a light design. They are favorites for cleaning larger areas. Canisters also have their benefits.
The models that feature a long hose and come with long attachment wands are amazing for reaching ceilings and walls to clean cobwebs. Both styles are good choices and what it comes down to is a matter of preference.
Steaming options: Did you know that mopping leaves behind potentially harmful germs? It’s hard to keep mop water clean and mopping frequently amounts to spreading germy water around the floor. Steam cleaners are excellent choices when you want a floor that looks clean and truly IS clean.
Filtration System: Most vacuum cleaners come with a filtration system but some are better than others. HEPA filtration traps debris and dust particles so they aren’t recirculated though the air you breathe.
Some vacuums have sealed systems that do a better job of keeping dust down than others. If you or a family member has respiratory problems including allergies, this is an important feature for you.
Controlling the Brushroll: I need a vacuum cleaner that will clean both carpets and hard floors. In order to be able to do this with one machine, you must be able to control the brushroll.
Brushroll control features are built in to units that are designed for multi-floor surface cleaning. It helps to ensure that your vacuum will be just as effective for cleaning tile and hard wood floors as it will for carpets.
Maneuverable: Have you ever gotten frustrated because your vacuum was very difficult to move or reposition around furniture? I know that I have.
In order to qualify as one of the best vacuum cleaners, a machine must have great maneuverability. This includes getting into tight places, under and around furniture, and light enough to turn with ease.
Corded or Cordless: There are pros and cons to both corded and cordless vacuums. The greatest benefit of cordless is that you won’t have the hassle of repositioning the cord.
It won’t be there to get in your way and cleaning will go much faster. On the downside, if you have large taks, you may run out of power before you finish.
On average, the better cordless models will run at full power for up to twenty minutes. The advantage of corded cleaners is that you don’t run out of power as long as there are outlets available.
What Should Consider Before Buy a Vacuum Cleaner?
I wish that somebody would have given me a few tips on what to think about before buying a vacuum. I had to learn by trial and error.
After being frustrated and disappointed, I’ve learned exactly what to consider. I’m anxious to pass this on to you so you can get right to the best vacuum cleaner that is right for you, the first time.
What Does Your Home Look Like?
I’m referring to the layout of your home and the size. This will help you to know the size and type that may work the best. Do you have combination flooring types?
Do you have tile, carpet and hardwood combinations? If so, you should look for a vacuum that will do a good job on multiple surfaces.
Are there tight spaces that require additional cleaning attachments? Also, the size of the cleaning area will determine whether you need a heavy duty or light duty vacuum to do the job.
What Type Of Hard Floor Do You Have?
Not all hard floors are cleaned the same way. While some prefer hot steam cleaners for their tile flooring, others do not use this option for cleaning hardwood floors because it would cause damage.
If you prefer steam cleaning but have combination flooring types, consider a unit that will clean with steam or use another alternative that doesn’t use hot steam.
Check The Wheels Of The Vacuum Cleaner
Do you have delicate flooring materials? Some hardwood floors are vulnerable to scratching and nicking. The best solution is to buy a vacuum cleaner that has soft wheels.
Manufacturers realize that this is a concern and there are many models that offer soft wheels that will not damage your delicate hardwood floors or tiles.
My experience has taught me that there is great value in a vacuum cleaner that is muti-functional. I have hardwood floors in one room, tiling in another and carpeting in a few.
In addition, I have area rugs that need frequent cleaning so I found a system that will clean them all. This saves a lot of time and effort and it is much better to use one machine for everything versus two or three.
I spend a lot less time on my hands and knees with a scrub brush. A final consideration to make is the weight. The ideal vacuum cleaner will be easy to handle and maneuver. When you have to lift it, you’ll appreciate a light one instead of a heavy one.
If you are tired of wearing yourself out keeping your floors clean, there are good solutions to the problem. Consider what you really want and need from a vacuum cleaner.
This will give you a clear path to which one will be the right choice for you. This guide and review has given you all of the information needed to make the best decision the first time around.
You owe it to yourself to make cleaning easier and more convenient. I chose these specific products for review because they are indeed the most highly recommended by people who have used them. Consider which of the 5 best vacuum for tile floors will be the right one for you.